IPAN is a network of professional and business organisations with a shared interest in improving general awareness and understanding of patents, trade marks, designs, copyright and other intellectual property rights.
unsure about "intellectual property" and why it's important?
IPAN can help with:
- basic facts about what is IP - intellectual property rights - patents, trademarks, designs, copyright and the like - to help you understand more about its importance in commerce and industry, especially in the UK
- useful IP resources from other websites including practical IP guides for start-up businesses.
- our Issue Briefs giving basic information about topical IP issues (revised: April 2014)
- news from the IP scene such as:
- information about enforcement of IP rights
note: the information is intended for guidance to get you started - it is not a substitute for involving appropriate professional advisers
IPAN meeting -10 Sep 14: Stemming online piracy - "follow the money"
- membership of IPAN:
- we welcome your feedback and suggestions for extra material to improve our site - please contact the webmaster
- Site developed by Nick Visick