IPAN is a network of professional and business organisations with a shared interest in improving general awareness and understanding of patents, trade marks, designs, copyright and other intellectual property rights.
unsure about "intellectual property" and why it's important?
IPAN can help with:
- basic facts about what is IP - intellectual property rights - patents, trademarks, designs, copyright and the like - to help you understand more about its importance in commerce and industry, especially in the UK
- useful IP resources from other websites including practical IP guides for start-up businesses.
- our Issue Briefs giving basic information about topical IP issues (revised: April 2014)
- news from the IP scene such as:
- information about enforcement of IP rights
note: the information is intended for guidance to get you started - it is not a substitute for involving appropriate professional advisers
Following their successful meeting with IPAN in 2013, the UK IP Attaché team from the International Policy Group at the Intellectual Property Office will lead discussions at the next IPAN meeting. This is being held from 4 pm on Wed 29th October in the Hall of the Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys (CIPA) at 95 Chancery Lane, London.
At the meeting they will provide an update on important IP developments since they spoke last year with the emphasis on IP enforcement in their countries. The formal meeting will end at about 5.30pm with a general Q&A session after which there will be a chance to meet members of the team and continue informal discussions.
Those attending from the IPO International Policy Group will include:
The meeting is primarily for IPAN members but is open to others with an interest in IP matters in these important developing markets. If you are interested in attending this meeting or in joining the IP Awareness Network, please give your details to Gary McFly (020 7440 9360; firstname.lastname@example.org).
IPAN meeting -10 Sep 14: Stemming online piracy - "follow the money"
- membership of IPAN:
- we welcome your feedback and suggestions for extra material to improve our site - please contact the webmaster
website developed by Nick Visick