IPAN is a network of professional and business organisations with a shared interest in improving general awareness and understanding of patents, trade marks, designs, copyright and other intellectual property rights.
unsure about "intellectual property" and why it's important?
IPAN can help with:
- basic facts about what is IP - intellectual property rights - patents, trademarks, designs, copyright and the like - to help you understand more about its importance in commerce and industry, especially in the UK
- useful IP resources from other websites including practical IP guides for start-up businesses.
- our Issue Briefs giving basic information about topical IP issues (revised: April 2014)
- news from the IP scene such as:
- information about enforcement of IP rights
note: the information is intended for guidance to get you started - it is not a substitute for involving appropriate professional advisers
Leveraging IP protection to support exports in fast-growing markets
At today’s IPAN meeting, the IP Attaché team from the International Policy Group of the UK Intellectual Property Office (IPO) described their work helping UK exporters with IP protection and enforcement in the rapidly developing markets of Brazil, China, India and South East Asia and with Geneva based inter-governmental organisations such as the World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO).
Speaking at the meeting were:
The meeting was one of a quarterly series of IPAN meetings held with the support of the Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys (CIPA) at its London offices where IPAN is based. The audience of about 40 IPAN members and their guests reflected a cross-section of IP users, IP lawyers and business people with an interest in the markets served by the attachés.
This was the attachés’ second meeting with IPAN and they gave updates on the developments and challenges in IP protection and enforcement since their first meeting in November 2013. They explained how they help businesses navigate the complex IP landscape in their markets, build knowledge in the IP community, support UK Trade & Investment in their business advice, and where possible help support individual business cases.
IPAN meeting -10 Sep 14: Stemming online piracy - "follow the money"
- membership of IPAN:
- we welcome your feedback and suggestions for extra material to improve our site - please contact the webmaster
website developed by Nick Visick